Maxim Udushlivy wrote:
> Random thought: opposition to a commercial software project is a
> capitalism while opposition to a community-based foss project is
> sometimes like a revolt. :)

Yet another thought: I think you certainly need to reorient Gnome from
politics towards technology. Such things as 10x10 and spreadgnome.org
looks very political. But gnome-tech.org for example is much better I
think. Software-as-a-servant, not software-as-an-idol.

And about that HIG: guidelines have a tendency slowly but steadily to
transform into constraints. It's much better to have principles instead
of constraints.

And that principle about Gnome simplicity - it's good, but it should not
be achieved at the expense of functionality. Being simple does not mean
being less functional. For example credit card is quite simple, but its
functionality surpass imagination ;)