On 1/23/07, Kjartan Maraas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> tir, 23.01.2007 kl. 00.00 +0000, skrev Chris Wilson:
> > Hi,
> >       today I had the misfortunate to experience a crash with
> > gnome-terminal. Fortunately Carl Worth was on irc at the time and was
> > able to diagnose the problem as a known crash with cairo-1.2.4 and
> > forwarding an X display across a heterogeneous network.
> >
> > To quote,
> > "Oh, this isn't the stupid -= 4 bug is it?"
> > "If it's the bug we're thinking, then 1.2.6 should fix it."
> >
> > The suggestion is to update them minimum version of cairo required to
> > 1.2.6 in
> > http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies
> >
> I think we're really aiming to use cairo 1.4.x for GNOME 2.18.x so it
> would make more sense to update the dep to 1.3.12 which is the latest
> snapshot.

We are?  If the timeline is far enough ahead of GNOME 2.18.0 and
doesn't introduce any big issues for us, I'm all in favor of it, but I
just hadn't heard what the timeline for cairo 1.4.x is or heard anyone
proposing it?  (Did I miss it during those weeks I was gone trying to
finish my dissertation and somehow missed it when trying to catch back
up on things?  If so, could someone point me to the thread I missed?).
 Maybe Carl could comment?

Thanks,
Elijah