On 3/7/07, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/9/07, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a GNOME fan, but used Xfce4 for a few weeks due to some of
> > Thunar's magnificence, and decided to try out the entire suite (on
> > Etch). Among others, I fell for it's run app (Alt+F2) utility named
> > xfrun4 (part of xfce-utils). Has anyone who ever used it ever wished
> > that GNOME's equivalent was like that? It's behaviour surely increases
> > my productivity.
> >
> > It works thus:
> >
> > * It only auto-completes program names that have been run with it before:
> >   -> reduces noise and resource usage
> >
> > * It won't keep auto-complete those that refused to run:
> >   -> also eliminates history clutter from junk input
> >
> > * On start-up, it displays the most recent program that was run.
> >
> > sidenote - I don't know the name for the GNOME equivalent.
>
> anyone out there?

The alt+f2 dialog in GNOME is created by gnome-panel; it is not a
separate process.  (Typing 'xprop', or preferably 'xprop | grep -v
_NET_WM_ICON' is a good way to learn about random apps and can provide
information like this)  I'd suggest checking to see if any such bugs
are filed against gnome-panel, and if not, then file these feature
requests there.

Thanks,
Elijah