My personal reaction is that it would be more useful to have a GNOME
"distribution" (such as something jhbuild or garnome derived) which can
act as a testbed of next-generation technologies - and where people can
happily make different modules work together, or swap out the panel for
something else, for example - than to take a selection of modules and
put them in another formal release set.

Another release set opens a real can of worms - what's the criteria for
inclusion? Are we creating an artificial barrier that a cool project has
to get over before it is taken seriously? Would any degree of conformity
to a 6-month cycle would be expected - this could just be a pain for
modules that want to focus on breaking everything together while they
still can.

My 2p.

--
Andrew