2007/7/8, Behdad Esfahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 16:58 +0100, Manu Cornet wrote:
> >
> > Recently the problem of changes of resolutions has been raised [1] on
> > the usability list. I would like to start a discussion about how to
> > manage the effect of resolution changes on the panel layout better
> > than what we do today. This implies another way of storing the panel
> > layout.
>
> Just store all locations as percentage of screen width/height.

That would mean creating gaps between applets when growing the width,
unless some special "keep me next to that guy"-states exist.

I'd rather see some gravity settings ("always try to go towards the
left edge"), since that's where you'll want to have the applets
anyway, on the edges.

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]