Hi,

Philip Withnall wrote:
> Would we really want a potentially core part of the desktop to be
> implemented in Python? :-(

Colin is talking about the mugshot stacker app, not the parts that would
be potentially core.

(Though, I do think python is questionable for tray icons and daemons,
since for whatever reason each python / pygtk process is so huge. An
under-mentioned reason why we keep writing stuff in C is the
multiple-process architecture of a GNOME/KDE style desktop, vs. the
one-big-process approach of say Eclipse that makes per-runtime overhead
less relevant. But this is pretty much a tangent.)

Havoc