We inject the ARIA markup and other enhancements as needed from
the core Reader product.

Most of these attributes are added at runtime, not in static
markup, since Reader is a very dynamic Web Application -- it's
*not* a document.

Also, in general, we will only emit ARIA markup to clients that
are capable of using the enhancements; it would be silly to ship
extra bytes to a browser that is going to throw it away.

David Bolter writes:
 > Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
 > > On Apr 2, 2008, at 8:14 AM, David Bolter wrote:
 > >

 > >> Hi Maciej,

 > >> Sure. I'm not sure what classifies as a major web app, but how about
 > >> google reader?
 > >> http://www.google.com/reader/view/?ui=axs
 > >>

 > > I did find Google Reader in the FAQ just now, but it took me a while
 > > to find the ARIA-enhanced version, since the main version does not
 > > have ARIA markup and just has an invisible link. I'm looking right now
 > > for actual signs of ARIA markup in the axs version using the live DOM
 > > view of the Safari web inspector, I can't seem to find any elements
 > > with aria-* attributes on them. Can anyone help me figure out where to
 > > look?
 > >

 > You can see aria- markup in the html view of Firebug on FF.  Here's a
 > screenshot:
 > http://david-bolters-computer.local/workspace/exploratory/google-reader-aria.png
 >
 > (I squished the window to waste less bits)
 >
 > In this example the body has the aria-activedescendent specified. I
 > imagine Google might be injecting the aria markup (via AxsJax) so I'm no
 > sure what to expect on Safari. I tried using Drosera on Webkit but
 > didn't see the markup there either. Maybe Charles or T.V. will chime in :)
 >
 > cheers,
 > David
 >

 > > (In-the-wild use of ARIA is important for us for prioritization, and
 > > eventually testing, which is why I'd like to know about it.)
 > >
 > > Cheers,
 > > Maciej

Best Regards,
--raman

Title:  Research Scientist
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
Google: tv+raman
GTalk:  [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]