On 3 July 2010 12:58, Vincent Untz <vu...@gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le samedi 03 juillet 2010, à 13:37 +0200, Christian Persch a écrit :
> > Hi;
> >
> > I think we should use the opportunity of converting to gsettings to
> > redesign the desktop schemas, not just do a 1:1 translation from gconf.
> >
> > Let me make some remarks about the gsettings desktop schemas as
> > they right now are in gsettings-desktop-schemas module.
>
> Thanks, it's good that someone takes time to review the schemas! I
> merely converted them so people couldn't use the excuse we don't have
> them yet to not port their code to GSettings ;-)
>
> Might I suggest that you take the opportunity at this point to extend the
schema to at least consider support for multiple desktops / monitors. One of
the difficulties that I found when looking at this in GSOC a few years back
was that there was no way of supporting use of schemas when you had a
dynamic number of items that needed the same configuration (e.g.
background/screen0, background/screen1 etc), If this functionality is still
not available with GSettings shouldn't it be put on the list of things to be
addressed for the future?

James