On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbi...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 4 March 2013 23:57, Matthias Clasen <matthias.cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * related to feature 'drop fallback mode / add classic mode':
>> 688665  gdm     drop gdm fallback session
>
> Given that "drop fallback mode" is an anti-feature, I have a hard time
> considering that bug as a 3.8 blocker. It sounds like the maintainer
> wants to keep gdm fallback somewhere so killing it before we've
> identified the right place to put it isn't helpful.

If you want to keep fallback mode alive, I suggest getting engaged in
building that right place - this bug has been on the 3.8 blocker list
since before Xmas, so it is not exactly news that we were going to do
this...

> Also, we should have been frozen for the past 2 weeks; this type of
> invasive change should be done sooner in the cycle. Making major
> changes after the Freeze like this makes it very difficult for us to
> ship the latest GNOME promptly in Ubuntu (since the Ubuntu GNOME team
> shares responsibility for half of the GNOME stack with the Ubuntu
> Desktop team).

Out of interest, who is in that team, apart from you ? So far, I've
only associated your name with 'Ubuntu GNOME'....