On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 14:36 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is something that me, Jon and Jakub have been thinking about for
> some time, and is now at the stage where we can start to think about
> implementation. I'm proposing it as a feature for 3.10 [1].
>
> The main element of the design is to combine the sound, network,
> bluetooth, power and user menus into a single menu. This will enable

Just as a note, this does remove one feature I kind of like, which is
the ability to change the volume by scrolling on the volume icon. I know
it's minor, but I've found it useful.

On the other hand, I tend to use the Advanced Volume Mixer extension[1],
anyway. I don't know if it's just me, but I think some of that stuff
could be useful in the default sound menu as well (such as per-stream
volume/mute control).

Cheers,
Arun

[1] https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/212/advanced-volume-mixer/