Hi,
The GTK+ throbber is a dotted animation, but the one used in clutter apps / UIs
use a different icon - instead of dots, it uses longer lines. Is this a design
decision? If it is please consider the points made below:
    - It is inconsistent without an obvious reason as to why this is

    - The clutter-themed throbber is also used in the Adwaita cursor theme
(forked from DMZ-Black(?)), and with the lines which are thicker than the
dotted GTK one, it makes the cursor look excessively cluttered (pun not
intended), especially in the in progress cursor (I don't know what it is
called, but it is the one in between the (O) loader, in Windows it is the
Hourglass, and  in OSX it is the spinning beach ball, and the normal cursor. It
is basically the normal cursor with the circle attatched. It takes up nearly
all space in its allocated circle). See  the second and third cursors from the
following link for case in point:
        http://codzoyer.deviantart.com/art/Adwaita-Cursors-for-Windows-208885897

In my opinion, I think the throbbers should be consistent on all UIs - if this
is to happen, then the GTK one should be used because of the second point
outlined above.

Again, is this a design desicion?

Thanks,
- -
Marco Scannadinari <ma...@scannadinari.co.uk>

P.S. Sorry for the HTML email - it was written on a tablet at the time ;)