Il giorno ven, 16/08/2013 alle 11.27 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre ha
scritto:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Matteo Settenvini
> <matteo...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>         Besides, while github is not free, gitorious and others are.
>         Diaspora is
>         still experimental and not on-par with things such as Google+
>         or
>         Facebook, but gitorious is a good alternative. So even on a
>         technical
>         level, this choice reeks. Also because by working with e.g.
>         the
>         gitorious team, one could have also found more bugs / asked
>         for some
>         features which would then be fixed in an open-source product,
>         benefiting
>         the community at large. So there's an indirect contribution
>         too to the
>         well-being of everyone.
>

> gitorious is not an good alternative.
>

> It's slow, buggy, and does not support the common operations that
> GitHub does. I can't view images from the gitorious viewer. I can't
> view raw files.
>
> I've never managed to get in contact with the gitorious team. As far
> as I can tell, they've fallen off the face of the earth.
>

> Ask Richard Hughsie why he moved colord from gitorious to GitHub.
> There's good reasons we're trying to get away from it.

I know I am going slightly (but only slightly) off-topic, but would you
and Richard (whom I Cc'ed) care to give me a short list of items you
find annoying in gitorious?

I should have some free time starting November, and some good Rails
experience, so maybe I can submit some patches a few months from now. I
am involved in some other projects too, so I don't know about my
priorities, but I'll keep this under my radar.

Thanks,
--
Matteo Settenvini
FSF Associated Member