On 4 March 2014 16:58, Frederic Peters <fpet...@gnome.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> It's been proved again in recent hackfests, we have a really great
> team writing user documentations, and thanks have to be given to
> Shaun, and now Kat, for coordinating the effort.
>
> On the other hand we have absolutely no coordination for developer
> docs, I maintain developer.gnome.org with the little time I have,
> Aleksander helps with Devhelp, there are some punctual changes from
> various persons, David maintains gnome-devel-docs, Tomeu did work on
> generating python documentation from gobject-introspection a while
> ago, Giovanni did it for gjs recently, Jon improved markdown support
> in gtk-doc, etc. but all this happens without coordination and it
> happens people step on each other's toes, and it hurts.
>
> Developer documentation will be a topic during the Developer
> Experience Hackfest, but I believe we will fail again to provide
> lasting effects if nobody takes on a coordination role.

I agree coordination is needed right now. I have signed up for the
hackfest because I know that there's still lots of work to do in the
api doc generator and I would like to put my experience on the
existing codebase to good use.

But I'm a bit lost since the decisions that were agreed at the Berlin
hackfest seem to have been overridden at some point and I have missed
the rationale.

> So, are you interested?

These days I do stuff that is related only peripherally to GNOME, so
I'm afraid that I won't find enough time to take on the coordination.
If nobody gets to propose a good plan before, I guess we'll have to
have a good planning session at the start of the hackfest.

Regards,

Tomeu