On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
wrote:

Having multiple conflicting tutorials is confusing to new contributors,
> and harmful when those two tutorials are incompatible.

Disclaimer: I am not a jhbuild beginner.

Please find an example other than jhbuild for harmful incompatible
tutorials. Regardless of other documentation that existed when the HowDoI
was created, it is actively updated as jhbuild changes by Ryan, a developer
and contributor to jhbuild. It has proven ideal in a hackfest environment
for all levels of user (although an intern at a hackfest can't be
classified as a beginner either).

It's where I look to see what has changed with jhbuild since the last time
I ran it, and is arguably the best source of information for other
tutorials whose goal is to *not* conflict. It regularly achieves legitimacy
by being replicated on developer.gnome.org, where it's cleverly concealed
from beginners performing case-sensitive searches. It brings the
perspective of multiple platforms.

Mike