Hi Milan,

Thanks for your comprehensive response.

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 09:04 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> Briefly grepping the evolution-activesync code, the keys being read
> from the GConf look like:
>   /apps/activesyncd/accounts/<email>/<key1>
>   /apps/activesyncd/accounts/<email>/<key2>
> so you can have a relocatable schema with { key1, key2, ... } and
> "attach" it under /apps/activesyncd/accounts/<email>. That feels
> pretty
> straightforward, and if I understand your text properly then you know
> it. The thing you face is to know the list of configured accounts.
>
> I would create a 'list' key with a list of known accounts in
> /apps/activesyncd/accounts/, which will contain the <email> of each
> configured accounts, and an existing path in GSettings. I saw this
> approach being used in another project, I think it was gtk+.

That sounds like a good solution to me; thanks.

> > . I don't have the perfect solution yet, so I'm here to see if
> > anyone could help me.
>
> The evolution(-data-server) also used to store its account settings
> into GConf, but then moved away from that idea and instead of migrating
> account settings into GSettings it uses its own ESourceRegistry. You
> can create tree of ESource-s there, each can have its own extension,
> where it stores its data. Maybe it would work better than the
> GSettings. See how evolution-ews stores its settings on an ESource for
> an example (it uses an ESourceCollection for the parent ESource).

Currently, the activesyncd dæmon is independent of Evolution. It
provides a DBus API which is used both from Evolution (for email), and
from SyncEvolution (for contacts/calendar).

So I'm a little reluctant to make it depend on ESource for
configuration.

> Alternatively, maybe, create your own API on top of a GKeyFile and
> store the account information in it?

Perhaps. I note GOA does something like this for its account storage.
But I think I like your first option better. Thanks again.

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation