On Thu, 2017-02-09 at 08:52 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-02-09 at 15:12 +0100, Sebastian Geiger (Lanoxx) wrote:
> > One more question:
> >
> > The sample autogen.sh on https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeCommo
> > n/
> > Migration also explicitly calls aclocal like this:
> >
> > aclocal --install || exit 1
> >
> > But the man page for autoreconf says that autoreconf also calls
> > aclocal, is this redundant? If so, can it be removed?
>
> I think it can indeed be removed if you're not using any of the other
> -ize programs (glib-gettextize, intltoolize, gtkdocize).

Why should it be necessary to call aclocal if you’re using the -ize
programs? All they do is copy files into place, which shouldn’t depend
on any other files (or aclocal.m4) being in place, right?

Giving this a spin with a project which currently uses `aclocal;
intltoolize; autoreconf`, intltoolize seems to need aclocal to create
$srcdir/m4, but nothing else. *facepalm*

Philip