On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 18:13:53 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna <s...@ramkrishna.me>
wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 5:16 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 15:50 -0800, Christian Hergert wrote:
> > > You make it sound like there is already unanimous support for this
> > > (considering I've seen no discussion on the topic, I find that hard
> > > take at face value)?
> >

> > release team is dealing with right now. Currently, we only maintain the
> > JHBuild modulesets, and that's not great because it's not what users
> > actually use.
>
> Users aren't using Jhbuild?  What are they using?  I'm asking because in
> our newcomer documentation we are asking them to use JHBuild.  So I'm
> trying to understand why there is a dichotomy.

I do not use JHBuild, as I rarely need it — and when it may be needed, it
feels clumsy. For 99% of my needs a ~130-line shell script [1] which sets
the environment in a way similar to how JHBuild does is enough. I do not
mind having to manually building a coupld of dependency modules now and
then, as for me most of the time the distribution (Arch Linux) has recent
enough packages.

Cheers,

---
[1] https://gist.github.com/aperezdc/6ad5937a28c04bf23750024c47438b47