> Should issues be filed against Infrastructure/GitLab?

Yeah please

> which Andre already raised. His proposal to send the announcement

Maybe yeah, I have no idea how to do that or extract this information
though. Feel free to send me the list of projects/contacts and I can
definitely can send an email.

> I really don’t think it is a big deal, especially if this is publicly
announced

It's not about if admins have powers or not, is about the fact of
impersonating a user in comments. It's true that publicly announcing could
be enough.

However the other big issue is that notifications would be send massively,
and I don't know how to prevent that. So that's basically a no-no from the
start. Maybe some trick can be done, but no idea.