On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 10:30 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

<snip>
> If a dependency is already in the GNOME SDK then there's no real need
> to notify us; unless, of course, the dependency in the SDK is pinned
> to a specific version, and you require a later one.
>
> As I said in the original email, before this detour into whether
> humans can or should be automated out of their jobs, this is
> definitely more important for dependencies hosted outside of
> gitlab.gnome.org.

So, for applications and their direct dependencies, that'd mean a mail
when the development Flatpak needs a change, but not when the change is
related to a dep on gitlab.gnome.org.

Which I guess means that non-gitlab.gnome.org dependencies should
probably be pinned to specific versions even in our nightly/devel
builds.

Still, that seems somewhat automatable.