On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:14 PM Kevin Degeling <cont...@kevindegeling.nl> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> After reporting an issue related to Sound Juicer, I discovered that the
> project has been mostly abandoned. There is still a valuable pull request
> open (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/sound-juicer/merge_requests/2) but for
> the most part active maintainance has stopped. This puts the application on a
> crossroads:
>
> - Approve pending pull requests and assign a new owner, if only for minimal
> maintainance.
> - End of Life the project, and inform all downstream projects (Fedora, Ubuntu
> et al) te remove it from their repositories in future releases.
>
> I lean towards the first. The application is mostly functional so I wouldn't
> throw the baby out with the bath water. A few small patches (Like the one
> linked) can keep it going for a few more years.

Hi, yeah I think that the problem today is that cd rip and burning for
music is a bit outdated, probably would be better to transform it to a
phone transfer
music app or a burning to USB one. YOu know what I mean, but surely
its a nice app, I used it in the past quite some.

> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin
>
> ps. First time ever on a mailing list, so please let me know if I'm way to
> formal or if I make a very Dutch impression.
Welcome, all was ok :)
Rgds
Saxa