** Information type changed from Private to Public

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2006999

Title:
  gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV at "JS ERROR: TypeError: malformed
  UTF-8 character sequence at offset 3"
  [_filterKeybinding@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/windowManager.js:1612:51]

Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I'm booting up my computer today. I had kernel version
  5.15.0-58-lowlatency. The GDM login window displayed, so I typed in my
  password, but after logging in I only saw a black screen, although the
  mouse pointer was visible and only responded to moving the mouse. I
  restarted the computer, and after the restart, the same thing
  happened. So I switched to the console using the combination of ctrl +
  alt + f3, logged in and updated the system using the `apt dist-
  upgrade` command. The kernel updated to version 5.15.0-60-lowlatency.
  After a reboot, this time after logging in, I see my desktop and
  notifications of problems with gnome-shell. For this reason, I am
  reporting an error.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
  Package: gnome-shell 42.5-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-60.66-lowlatency 5.15.78
  Uname: Linux 5.15.0-60-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Feb 11 17:46:38 2023
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-shell
  ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/gnome-shell
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.5-0ubuntu1
  Signal: 11
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  StacktraceTop:
   pthread_kill () at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
   raise () at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
   ()
   <signal handler called> () at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
   ()
  Title: gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in pthread_kill()
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-09-11 (153 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm audio dialout docker lpadmin nut scanner sudo systemd-journal
  mtime.conffile..etc.apport.crashdb.conf: 2022-12-18T15:36:36.480299
  separator:

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/2006999/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to