More info: The bug affect all snaps but not ordinary executables. All snaps 
launch distorted. After a recent reboot I tried several times to launch 
Firefox, every time the bug appeared, and all my tabs where unreadable. Then I 
started Thunderbird (which is NOT a snap) and clicked on a link in a mail so 
that a new tab opened in Firefox. Suddenly Firefox was normal, and all tabs 
(also the old ones) where readable just fine! Other snaps e.g. chromium still 
launches with the bug.
When staring the snap "openscad-nightly", the initial splash screen (Welcome to 
OpenScad) is normal, but when I click on e.g. "Open Recent" I get a distorted 
window.
So far I haven't been able to recognize any message on stderr that are common 
when launching snap programs, but there are plenty of apparmor="DENIED" in 
dmesg, if that's any clue.

I'd be happy to provide log files if someone has any specific request

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2016925

Title:
  Firefox window is visually corrupted after upgrading to Ubuntu 23.04

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  After upgrading from Ubuntu 22.10 to Ubuntu 23.04, every time I open
  firefox the windows is heavily visually corrupted. It seems to work
  fine under the corruption, but it is completely unusuable.

  The tar version of Firefox works fine. In the attached screenshot you
  can see the snap version of Firefox (corrupted) and the tar version of
  Firefox (working fine).

  I tried uninstalling (with --purge) and reinstalling and refreshing
  firefox to no avail.

  All other applications, including 3D games, are working fine. I am
  using an AMD RX5500 with default mesa drivers.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 23.04
  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.2.0-20.20-generic 6.2.6
  Uname: Linux 6.2.0-20-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.26.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Apr 18 18:04:26 2023
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2020-11-04 (895 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Release amd64 (20201022)
  SnapChanges:
   ID    Estado  Generado                   Listo                      Resumen
   1215  Done    2023-04-18T17:42:17-03:00  2023-04-18T17:44:05-03:00  Eliminar 
snap "firefox"
   1216  Done    2023-04-18T17:45:37-03:00  2023-04-18T17:47:25-03:00  Instalar 
snap "firefox"
   1217  Done    2023-04-18T17:48:16-03:00  2023-04-18T17:48:30-03:00  Eliminar 
snap "firefox"
   1218  Done    2023-04-18T17:48:39-03:00  2023-04-18T17:48:49-03:00  Instalar 
snap "firefox"
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to lunar on 2023-04-18 (0 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/2016925/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to