Ubuntu includes the appindicator extension by default which provides
status icons in the top right of the screen.
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Status: Triaged => Fix Released
** Changed in: ubuntu-gnome
Status: Triaged => Fix Released
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1541514
Title:
Please move legacy status icons to the top right of gnome-shell
Status in GNOME Tweaks:
Invalid
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Bug description:
In recent versions of GNOME (I believe), rather than having the
AppIndicator icons in the bar at the top on the right, like with
previous GNOME versions (I believe) and Unity, they are in a rather
strange looking thing that comes out of the bottom left-hand corner of
my screen. Now, some may like this new bar, and maybe there will be
future development of it in the future to make it more accessible and
look nicer. But anyway, until then, I would rather my AppIndicator
icons be in the top bar on the right like they used to be.
However this can only be currently achieved by installing a third-
party application which (I believe) is no longer being maintained, or
at least not for my version of GNOME (3.18), and some manual tweaking
must be done to get it to work on my version.
So I think, at least until it is better designed (though that maybe
just a matter of taste), it would be good if the gnome-tweak-tool
allowed you to revert back to the old way of having the AppIndicator
icons in right-hand side of the top bar.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-tweaks/+bug/1541514/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp