*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 2023322 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2023322
Your bug report indicates you are using Nvidia graphics. Therefore, I am
marking this a duplicate of bug 2023322
** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 2023322
Unable to setup Google Online Accounts with Nvidia drivers
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2034942
Title:
Hanging every time I attempt to add a Google account in GNOME control
center
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I've tried about 15 times in a row now to add a Google account in
GNOME control center, and every time it has hung at some point in the
process before letting me enter my password.
Sometimes it hangs before it even asks for my Google username.
Sometimes it hangs right after it accepts my username, before displaying the
password prompt.
Sometimes it displays the password prompt but hangs before I am able to enter
my password.
Sometimes when it hangs I see the message "GLib: unsetenv() is not
thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created" in
journalctl --user --follow output. I wonder if there is a memory
corruption issue attributable to that. :shrug:
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 23.10
Package: gnome-control-center 1:45~rc-1ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.3.0-7.7-generic 6.3.5
Uname: Linux 6.3.0-7-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.27.0-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri Sep 8 12:11:52 2023
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-01-02 (1710 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to mantic on 2023-05-20 (111 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/2034942/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp