Please provide a screenshot or photo of the problem so we have a better
idea of where to direct the bug.
** Tags added: mantic
** Package changed: gnome-desktop (Ubuntu) => ubuntu
** Changed in: ubuntu
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-desktop in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2047146
Title:
Issues Encountered with Ubuntu 23.10 - Icon Minimization and Full-
Screen App Behavior
Status in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
# System Details Report
---
## Report details
- **Date generated:** 2023-12-21 14:00:57
## Hardware Information:
- **Hardware Model:** ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
N552VW
- **Memory:** 32,0 GiB
- **Processor:** Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ × 8
- **Graphics:** NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
- **Graphics 1:** NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
- **Disk Capacity:** 1,5 TB
## Software Information:
- **Firmware Version:** N552VW.304
- **OS Name:** Ubuntu 23.10
- **OS Build:** (null)
- **OS Type:** 64-bit
- **GNOME Version:** 45.1
- **Windowing System:** X11
- **Kernel Version:** Linux 6.5.0-14-generic
Dear Ubuntu Development Team,
I recently managed to install the Ubuntu image with the kernel version
6.6.7. Before installing Ubuntu 23.10, I noticed logs related to the
configuration of the Linux 6.6.7 kernel, which, however, did not boot
successfully on my system.
After successfully installing Ubuntu 23.10, I removed the newly
installed 6.6.7 kernel and reverted to a more stable version of the
kernel (version 6) that boots without any issues. However, I've
encountered a unique problem post-installation.
When I minimize applications, their icons appear in the upper right
corner of the horizontal toolbar as expected. However, the mouse
cursor behaves oddly around these icons. Even if I move the cursor
slightly away from an icon (about a hundred pixels or so), and click
on an area of the desktop (not on the toolbar itself), it unexpectedly
activates the corresponding minimized application.
This issue, which did not occur before, is not urgent but becomes
increasingly inconvenient over time. Furthermore, in certain
applications like Spotify, I sometimes encounter another issue where
the window control buttons (close, maximize, minimize) disappear, and
the application enters a full-screen mode, akin to a video game. This
behavior seems sporadic, and I'm unsure how to consistently resolve
it.
Could these issues be related to screen settings or other system
configurations? Also, is the full-screen behavior a known bug?
Any guidance on avoiding or rectifying these problems would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you for your attention to these matters.
Best regards,
Luigi
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/2047146/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp