*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 2059847 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2059847
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. This particular bug has already been reported and is a
duplicate of bug 2059847, so it is being marked as such. Please look at
the other bug report to see if there is any missing information that you
can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug.
Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in
the other report. Feel free to continue to report any other bugs you may
find.
** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 2059847
Input lag or freezes on Nvidia desktops with X11 after logging
"MetaSyncRing: Sync object is not ready -- were events handled properly?"
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2061585
Title:
Everything laggy, file browsing in nautilus and terminal completion
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I reinstalled Ubuntu22.04 as it was in factory settings, and
everything ran smoothly and fast. I then installed 1.3Go of updates,
including the gnome-42-2204 update and everything started to run slow,
and nautilus started freezing.
I tried to look online for a fix, and everyone pointed to gnome
0+git.510a601 being the issue. I also updated my core22 to version
20240111.
This page is an example of the issue I'm having :
https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/very-lagging-slow-after-latest-kernel-
gnome-upgrade-22-04-3/37881/9
I'm on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS with a brand new machine : 64Go RAM, Intel
Xeon w7-2495X x 48.
I haven't change any additional driver.
Thanks
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
Package: gnome-shell 42.9-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.5.0-1019.20-oem 6.5.13
Uname: Linux 6.5.0-1019-oem x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Mon Apr 15 17:28:14 2024
DisplayManager: gdm3
DistributionChannelDescriptor:
# This is the distribution channel descriptor for the OEM CDs
# For more information see
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor
canonical-oem-somerville-jammy-amd64-20220504-33
InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-04-15 (0 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" -
somerville-jammy-amd64-20220504-33
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.9-0ubuntu7
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/2061585/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp