I think I solved the problem. When closing the flatpak-install, terminal
said something about a corrupt JPG. So I went in the flatpak-TB through
many of my e-mails and erased a lot of mails with jpg-attachments. Then
I copied the flatpak-mail-folder to the snap-mail-location, and now the
snap-TB opens everything as expected. So it must have been a corrupt
attachment - or I really have a disc-problem. I can check that later,
but I think now that there is no software bug...

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2064039

Title:
  TB Snap fails to import/display large mbox-file completely

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I use TB 115.10.1 (snap) since today, after a system upgrade of
  Lubuntu 23.10 to 24.04 via terminal. All was fine before the update. I
  use Pop, no Imap. Transition to TB snap seemed fine but one the
  various mbox-files was not properly imported/displayed. All attempts
  to properly import it by hand failed. The mbox-file is ~2.4 GB
  containing a large archive of e-mails from 2013 on, yet just ~1.4GB
  are displayed. When I try to import the file, it seems to start but
  then no e-mails are actually imported. So I see not all e-mails in my
  inbox (the last 3 years are missing). All my other mbox-files are much
  smaller - and they're all fine.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/2064039/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to