Public bug reported:
In Ubuntu 24.04.1 Noble, with gnome-shell 46.0-0ubuntu (using Xorg),
when I hit Alt-F2 r to restart Gnome Shell (useful when developing Gnome
extensions) the Gnome Desktop freezes: I obtain a gray screen with the
message "Oh no ! Something has done wrong, please contact your system
administrator".
This is fully reproducible on my three computers with the same 24.04.1
Ubuntu version.
This worked in Ubuntu 22.04.x.
** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2079799
Title:
Restarting Gnome Shell with Alt-F2 R freezes Gnome in Xorg
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
In Ubuntu 24.04.1 Noble, with gnome-shell 46.0-0ubuntu (using Xorg),
when I hit Alt-F2 r to restart Gnome Shell (useful when developing
Gnome extensions) the Gnome Desktop freezes: I obtain a gray screen
with the message "Oh no ! Something has done wrong, please contact
your system administrator".
This is fully reproducible on my three computers with the same 24.04.1
Ubuntu version.
This worked in Ubuntu 22.04.x.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/2079799/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp