This is very bad... it wasn't noticeable at the .5 second delay, and
helped alot! In fact, it's one of my favorite features of GNOME, but if
this isn't changed.. I'm going to be mad.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Typing causes cursor to stick

Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” source package in Oneiric:

  Steps to reproduce:

  1.) Type a few key strokes.
  2.) Try to move the cursor using the touchpad.

  Expected result:

  Cursor moves immediately

  Actual result:

  Cursor sticks for several seconds

  This could very well be strongly linked to the hardware used (Samsung
  N310, using the touchpad, not a mouse), so let's see if anyone else
  can reproduce.

  Package: xserver-xorg 1:7.6+7ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0-1.2-generic 3.0.0-rc3
  Uname: Linux 3.0-1-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Fri Jun 24 21:46:53 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Alpha i386 (20110622)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8