What I see (happens to be in English) is:
"Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory"

This is on Firefox 11.10, Kubuntu 11.10, with an ATI Radeon card (not an
NVidia).

Flash works fine within the browser.

Strace'ing and grep'ing around in binaries, not in source,, I'd guess
(could be wrong) that the error comes from /usr/lib/libvdpau.so.1 trying
to find "%slibvdpau_%s.so%s",  where the second "%s" is "nvidia", where
I have no such libvdpau_nvidia.so file.

One possible interacting detail -- my
$HOME/.macromedia/Flash_Player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/settings.sol
file, in fact the entire $HOME/.macromedia/Flash_Player sub-directory tree, has
been repeatedly removed and rebuilt in whatever way it is automatically rebuilt
when Firefox is restarted and that sub-directory tree is missing.  I do this
removal automatically on a routine basis, as part of my effort to improve
macromedia flash security.

I notice from the strace that the above settings.sol file is referenced
just before the failed efforts to find an instance of
libvdpau_nvidia.so are attempted.

  Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  If I open firefox from a terminal ( $ firefox & ) after some hours I
  see dozens of errors like this:

  Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: no se puede abrir el fichero
del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio
  Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: no se puede abrir el fichero
del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio

  In my case, the Flash videos are executed properly, with sound. It
  seems to be just a warning .

  Package: firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  Architecture: i386