Sometimes after my eeepc is awakened, the password prompt is not displayed. i
see a blank screen instead.
I can see the mouse cursor moving. I can switch consoles (Ctrl+Alt+F1).
I've noticed that gnome-screensaver eats 100% cpu when I'm waiting for the
prompt. Afteer something like minute it comes back OK.

Running Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  gnome-screensaver freezes and does not bring up the password prompt if
  mouse/keyboard activity

Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-screensaver

  Release:        8.04

  gnome-screensaver:
    Installed: 2.22.1-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 2.22.1-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 2.22.1-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  I can <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> and the machine will reboot but the password
  prompt does not come up with normal activity and the screensaver
  itself appears frozen.