We are closing this bug report because it lacks the information we need
to investigate the problem, as described in the previous comments.
Please reopen it if you can give us the missing information, and don't
hesitate to submit bug reports in the future. To reopen the bug report
you can click on the current status, under the Status column, and change
the Status back to "New". Thanks again!

** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  text edit a file on remote reports that the file has altered even
  though I am the one altering the file

Status in Light-Weight Text Editor for Gnome:
  New
Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gedit

  I use my laptop, running Ubuntu Feisty, to edit files on my Windows XP
  server where the programs I am developing reside.

  Some seconds after I save a file to the server gedit 2.18.1 insists on
  telling me that the file on the server has altered.

  This did not occur before upgrading to Feisty.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386