** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Dodge windows is down but what about making the launcher autohide only
  on maximised apps ?

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in Unity:
  Opinion
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  I was using dodge windows in unity mainly because it make the launcher
  go out of the way on maximized apps (like Kdenlive who is benefiting a
  lot from unity's capability of making the most space usable).

  But I was never hiding the launcher when I use "windowed" apps (like
  firefox on the left and openoffice on the righ part of the screen)
  because it helped me a lot switching with something else rapidly (like
  thunderbird, pidgin, etc)

  What I think to be a good third behavior of the launcher is to hide
  itself when one app or more are fullscreen and if they are not, being
  always there.

  There is some corner cases like if one app is full screen and the
  focused app is not. But I think this will not bring some crazy bugs
  like dodging windows did in the past.