** Package changed: unity (Ubuntu) => gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  After unity --replace, Unity configuration options on Appearance
  disappear

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  When I upgraded to Precise and restarted the machine, after logging in
  I was able to see the Unity "Appearance" options in All
  Settings->Appearance . After running a unity --replace, the options
  were gone, as if there was no Unity 3D running, with the Appearance
  screen the same as old Unity versions. I'm using the Unity 3D desktop
  right now, as if nothing happened, Unity 5.10.

  I tried to log in with another user, and a "fresh Unity" displays the
options. kenvandine confirmed this behavior is seen when what's running isn't
Unity 3D:
  <kenvandine> i just confirmed it isn't there in a gnome classic session
  <kenvandine> and the launcher size slider isn't there in unity-2d

  Steps to reproduce:
  1) Log in into Unity 3D;
  2) Go to All Settings->Appearance and check if Look and Behavior tabs are
there;
  3) Go to a console and run unity --replace;
  4) Go to All Settings->Appearance again and the options should be gone.
  ---
  CheckboxSubmission: 0ab74420b917e5217708d9acdadfd430
  CheckboxSystem: bb422ca46d02494cdbc459927a98bc2f
  CompizPlugins:
[core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,decor,mousepoll,vpswitch,regex,animation,snap,expo,move,compiztoolbox,place,grid,imgpng,gnomecompat,wall,ezoom,workarounds,resize,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,scale,session,unityshell]
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
  Package: unity 5.10.0-0ubuntu6
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  precise
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-16 (3 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout libvirtd lpadmin plugdev sambashare