Thank you for your bug report, that's a duplicate (though I can't find
the number), the topic came often especially when unity started, the
unity stands is that app writers should update their software so I'm
marking the bug as wontfix, you should have a look for previous
discussions on the topic if you are interested

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  please provide an indicator-others interface

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  While Unity is elegant, it is at times coming in ways of what I want
  to do as a user. I have been a KDE user and very recently (12.04
  aplha1) migrated to Unity. All my passwords are stored in kwallet. I
  tried to open my wallet application but nothing showed up. Probably
  because kwallet, on start-up, would simply run minimized in the
  systray.  But Unity's default whitelist is very trimmed.

  So, please provide an indicator-others thing in Unity, where every
  application not in the whitelist falls. This way we can access and use
  our other apps also. And also it does not clutter the Unity indicator
  area.

  PS: You have done great work with appmenu. It makes both KDE and GTK
  apps look similar. Please do something similar for Unity indicators.

  PPS: This is a wishlist bug. I couldn't find a way in ubunut-bug to
  file a wishlist bug.

  Package: unity 5.2.0-0ubuntu4
  ApportVersion: 1.91-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,resize,regex,snap,imgpng,move,vpswitch,place,grid,animation,mousepoll,gnomecompat,wall,expo,session,workarounds,fade,scale,ezoom,unityshell]