closing the unity components since that's not a bug specific to the
unity environment

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Unable to interact with windows in unity using mouse or alt-tab

Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Since upgrading to oneiric, when I am successful in suspending and
  resuming (which is not all the time) I very often become unable to use
  my mouse or touchpad to interact with window decorations or use
  keyboard commands to switch applications. The result is that to get to
  a window that is behind the current window, I have to close that
  program, since I can't get to the window menu or the minimize button
  or use alt-tab. If I do "metacity --replace" I can alt-tab and
  interact with windows again. All this time I am able to interact with
  the contents of the windows, just not the window-management functions
  and window decorations provided by the window manager. I have never
  consistently been able to find a cause of this. Occasionally I find
  that the window that reports that external media has been detected is
  hidden behind all these windows and that when I close it I can
  interact with the other windows again, or that closing the wireless
  notification tooltip (which stays in perpetuity until I click to close
  it) restores interaction with the window manager. But sometimes I can
  close all windows and the only way to interact with the windows again
  is to switch managers.

  When I did "ubuntu-bug unity" to report the bug, one of the
  notifications I got was that it was impossible to grab the mouse and
  that this could be an effect of malware.

  Package: unity 4.22.0-0ubuntu3
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386
  CompizPlugins:
[core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,move,gnomecompat,resize,mousepoll,place,imgpng,grid,session,regex,animation,wall,wobbly,workarounds,expo,ezoom,staticswitcher,fade,scale,unityshell,dbus]