No, what I mean is that the "Save" button is always grayed out UNLESS
you type an user/pass on that dialog. Now, I want to use the "Ask for
password every time" but you can't do it with the grayed button.

Greetings.

  Ubuntu 12.04 beta 2 not saving wireless options

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi all. I always carry my Ubuntu 12.04 beta 2 (USB booteable) for
  testing. Yesterday, I found the following:

  If you edit the wireless settings so it ask for user/password every
  time...  well, you can't, the button is grayed out. Please look at the
  attached image. Normally, Ubuntu would "remember" the options even if
  you click on the Cancel button but not this time, if you do it, the
  options you just set are lost.

  The problem is that even when you edit the parameters, the wireless
  don't want to connect (auto refresh) after the changes. Tried turning
  it off and on, disabling/activating in the icon but it doesn't work.
  Then I tried setting the options so it ask me every time. In my
  opinion, you should ALWAYS be able to save your wireless settings, not
  only when you specify a user/password in the dialog. Also, the
  wireless should note when something changed and try to reconnect
  automatically.

  Regards.