** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 735233
   Option for persistent menus in AppMenu for focused application
   Global menu is not ergonomical on large screens

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Can't set global menu to always be visible

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  The hidden menu obsures the locations of menu items; I have to move my
  mouse up to the top panel, then find the item I want, then move the
  mouse again. I have a large monitor -- large enough to display the
  name of an application and its menu side-by-side with room to spare. I
  would like the configure the unity global menu to remain visible at
  all times, but there doesn't currently seem to be a way to do that.