** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 735233
   Option for persistent menus in AppMenu for focused application
   Global menu is not ergonomical on large screens

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Global menu items should not be entirely hidden

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I came with that in mind, What if you don't know if an application
  have a menu or not ?

  For exemple, you are a newbie. You are opening Firefox, where is the
  menu ? Nothing appear until you figure out that "He is hidden on the
  top of the screen".

  I think what should be done is making use of the extra space after the
  title of the application. The title should be first, and after that,
  the global menu. If there is not enough space,  just show what can be
  shown on the extra space (the lasts entries of the menu, and the
  firsts ones hidden)

  I know this  is really confusing, so I send with all that ugly text a
  little picture of what I have in mind.

  By the way, it's not meat to be perfectly like my "mockup", but the
  idea is to make the menu more easily discoverable and make use of the
  not used space (the menu could be aligned right or track the window to
  make use of this extra space)