I thought I had mentioned it in this bug, but I guess I hadn't --- I
also have a triple-head Xinerama config (on an Nvidia Quadro NVS 450).

Also, since it may not be clear to those who are not experiencing this
bug, when gnome-settings-daemon crashes at startup, it means that most
apps (Thunderbird, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) are totally unthemed, and many
desktop-wide settings (such as font size adjustments, etc.) are not
applied at all. In other words, the desktop looks like crap and is hard
to use.

If this isn't fixed for the Precise release, it might be a good idea to
have a prominent item in the release notes discouraging folks with
nontrivial multi-head setups from upgrading...

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  [power]: gnome-settings-daemon crashed with SIGSEGV in
  engine_get_icon_priv()

Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” source package in Precise:

  on login

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: gnome-settings-daemon 3.4.0-0ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64