** Description changed:

  In software-center 5.2 (12.04) with the default theme, highlighted text
  is difficult to see. Sometimes I think the text becomes slightly
  lighter, but other times I do not see any change at all, so I am not
  sure if I imagined it. This is opposed to being surrounded by orange and
  the text becoming white as expected by the default theme.

- Try to highlight something, then right-click, select "Copy" and then
- pasting elsewhere shows that something was highlighted.
+ Try to highlight something in the Ubuntu Software Centre, then right-
+ click, select "Copy" and then pasting elsewhere shows that something was
+ highlighted.

  This made copying (for example a URL) very difficult.

  I think this is different from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/929974
  as that seems to be about an earlier version not having copying or
highlighting functionality at all.

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Highlighting text is difficult to see

Status in “light-themes” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu: