Uname: Linux 3.4.0-030400rc4-generic x86_64
Date: Wed May  2 10:27:00 2012
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gedit
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
SourcePackage: gedit
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-27 (4 days ago)

** Affects: gedit (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug precise

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Tearing/blinking text while scrolling

Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:

  This is new stuff since upgrade to 12.04 from 11.10 (gedit version
  3.4.1).

  When I scroll text in gedit, the text appears to blink as I scroll
  generating an unpleasant effect, a bit dazzling.

  If the window is unactive and I scroll the text, I don't get this
  behavior.

  It is almost as if the window was being redrawn twice everytime I
  scroll, once as a white square, once with the new text.

  What could be the cause for this?

  Other apps don't seem to have this problem.

  Package: gedit 3.4.1-0ubuntu1