Oops - thanks for setting me straight about "wishlist".

As noted above, I saw this on a fresh install of the final 12.04 precise
iso for amd64.  So in effect I followed the advice at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LibreOffice to use the default install.  But
that page doesn't deal with the issues around Java and missing features
at all.  It probably should, and if so, perhaps that is where the
warning message should point.

But please change this bug from "Won't Fix" to at least "Confirmed".

  LibreOffice warning gives wrong advice: "javaldx: Could not find a
  Java Runtime Environment!"

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  i get this warning after fresh install of ubuntu precise:

  javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
  Please ensure that a JVM and the package libreoffice-java-common
  is installed.
  If it is already installed then try removing
~/.libreoffice/3/user/config/javasettings_Linux_*.xml
  Warning: failed to read path from javaldx

  installing "libreoffice-base" fixd it, so probably there is a missing
dependecie

  Package: libreoffice (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 1.91-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sat Feb  4 11:48:10 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64
(20120201.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8