Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  cannot disable autologin on disabled accounts

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  New
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I created a new useraccount which is deactivated by default and
  accidently clicked on the switch to activate autologin for this new
  account. the button deactivated leaving me with an optically activated
  autologin from a user point of view. This may be a purely graphical
  problem but its definately not tied to compiz.

  to reproduce this do the following:

  1) create a new user account with the tool in the system settings
  2) select that new account while its still deactivated (no passwords set)
  3) enable autologin

  expected result:
  because the account is still deactivated autologin should not be possible at
all or the switch should do nothing.

  acctual result:
  the autologin seems to be enabled and shows the "default login" icon. I am
unable to deactivate autologin again. I can only deactivate it by selecting
another user account and turn the default login switch on and off again.

  see the screenshots for details.

  Package: unity 5.8.0-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]