Bug still present in 12.04

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  "create folder" in gtk filechooser dialog does not work

Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  release: Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10
  package: libgtk2.0-0 2.20.1-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 10.04), libgtk2.0-0
2.21.6-1ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 10.10)

  Creating a new folder using gtk filechooser dialog does not work when
  in the current directory some network related file activity takes
  place in parallel. When you press the "Create Folder" button in the
  gtk filechooser dialog the input field for entering the folder name
  appears for only a fraction of a second and then immediately vanishes
  again.

  To reproduce the problem:
  - download some big file using wget, firefox, chrome, ... to a directory,
e.g. /home/jochen/foo/
  - while the download is still running start an application which brings up a
gtk filechooser dialog (e.g. start gedit, type some characters, then hit
ctrl-s), in the filechooser dialog navigate to the same directory
/home/jochen/foo and press the "Create Folder" button

  Some additional observations:
  - this only seems to concern network related file activity (I can also
reproduce the problem when copying files from a network drive or with scp, but
_not_ when copying local files)
  - in Ubuntu 10.04 firefox even crashes after you hit the "Create Folder"
button two or three times (but I could not reproduce that in Ubuntu 10.10)