I think what you describe here is a feature of Unity rather than a bug,
a pretty annoying feature I must admit.

You should be able to turn it off in the CompizConfig Settings Manager.
There you can set the "Edge Stop Velocity" under the "Experimental" tab
of the Unity Plugin.

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Cursor gets stuck between twinview screens

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Setup two monitors using nvidia-settings to use twinview.  When moving
  the mouse from one screen to the other - past the Unity bar - the
  cursor gets stuck momentarily in its current screen.  You must
  vigorously move the mouse in order to get the cursor to move across.
  This does not happen if the screens are set to be above/below each
  other, only when side by side.  It also does not happen in Xubuntu or
  Lubuntu when using twinview and so must be a bug specific to Unity.

  I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit
  I am using an Nvida card, I am not sure whether the same happens for those
with an ATI card.