** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 947025
   Windows maximize on the wrong monitor
   Windows maximize on the wrong monitor

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Windows maximize to the wrong display

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  When I double click the title bar of a window in my laptop's display,
  it gets maximized onto my external monitor.

  More detail:
  I have a 1600x1200 monitor arranged _above_ my 1280x800 laptop screen.
  I drag a ~1000x1100 window down to my laptop screen.  It extends below the
laptop display but no part of the window is present in the external monitor.
  I double click the title bar (which is fully present in the laptop monitor).
  The window is maximized to the external monitor.

  Expected: window maximizes to the display it is currently in.

  Workaround: resize the window until it is fully inside the laptop
  screen, then it maximizes to the correct screen.  This is not a very
  convenient option, since resizing a window which is outside the screen
  is a chore.

  Note Unity-2D behaves reasonably in this case, maximizing to the
  screen which the window is present in.

  It may be suitable to have it maximized to the display where the click
  happened.  Whatever, there's no logical reason to maximize it to a
  display which doens't contain the window at all.

  Package: unity 5.10.0-0ubuntu6
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]