Thanks for using Ubuntu and reporting this bug! I've confirmed it in
Precise.

I disagree that it is a security bug, as invalid passwords are only
accepted if the valid password has previously been saved. I see it as a
UI bug around a feature that happens to relate to security (remote
login). As a result, I'm removing the security label from this report.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Visibility changed to: Public

** This bug is no longer flagged as a security vulnerability

  Auto-login to ssh when putting the wrong password

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Save a ssh password on the connect to server windows (as seen on the
  screenshot).

  The efect is that any short (let's say three character long) password
  entered is translated in the real password and the user is granted
  access.

  This is just plain wrong, if the password is being remembered it should be
cristal clear (at least some asteriks on the text field).
  Maybe the best solution is to remove the "remember password" option.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  Date: Fri Jun  1 12:44:59 2012
  GsettingsChanges:
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state geometry '825x566+65+24'
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state sidebar-width 195
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64
(20111129.1)
  SourcePackage: nautilus