Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  I am unable to install new software

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  when i try to install software I get the error message "Failed to
  download package files   Check your Internet connection." followed by
  "Requires installation of untrusted packages     The action would
  require the installation of packages from not authenticated sources."
  this happens regardless of what I am trying to install, and as a
  result I cannot install using software center.

  Package: software-center 5.0.6
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64