Public bug reported:

Running 10.04.4 LTS, Firefox 12.0, Gateway E Series 3.2 HT 2 GB RAM.

Recently having trouble logging in (signing in) to Yahoo web mail
account (last week or so).  I have been certain I have logged user name
and password correctly each time.  Connection is HTTPS:  Error results
with something like 'wrong user name or password', enter full user id to
log in.  I will not do this, as I make sure I carefully enter password
and double check user name for correct spelling and syntax before I
click login.

This results in my closing the browser several times until I
successfully login to the account.

Just noticed today that a "zombie process" for Firefox also starts with
the browser as it becomes visible.  Now there are two FF processes; one
is the normal one, and the other, N/A for memory utilization, and where
"Waiting Channel" is, is marked for 'exit' or something similar.

Zombie process does exit within three seconds after being started.
Normal FF process shows 94.6 MB and 'poll_schedule_timeout' in 'Waiting
Channel' area.

Is this a bug?

See user post at https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/199225
for more details.

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Three second 'Zombie FF process appears when FF starts

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu: